Author Topic: 2010 Dirt Nationals  (Read 33082 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: 2010 Dirt Nationals
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 04:46:15 pm »
OK.  'Nuff said.

As for the R2C filters, they are not approved for use at INEX sanctioned events. The manufacturer and 600 are still "negotiating" for their approval.  Read what you like into the word "negotiating". They were inspected by Scott and the tech people at 600 Racing 2 years ago, and there was nothing found that would make them illegal. Thanks for the information though.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 06:56:39 pm »
Yeah, Please don't take anything I say personal. I am just very opinionated about things just like Kyle Busch is I guess you could say. LOL

We were looking to get away from the K&N Air Filters and we saw that you sell the Rc2 Filters but then we noticed the rule so we asked Scott before we spent the money. We ran a hand full or regional qualifiers last year and the nationals so we like to make sure we are not pushing that gray area at all. If you do find out that they are approved please let us know because we are interested in them.

How many races do you guys have out by you? Is this track in MO big or small where they want to run the Nationals? When does your season start?
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline Openwheeler37

• Grant Greenfield Racing
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 09:59:50 pm »
I'm in! It looks like it's a little less than 10 hours from me. Sure beats the 15 hours to PA. I will admit that the nationals at Big Diamond was a great time but the I won't miss the drive.
Racing is a matter of spirit not strength

www.greenfieldracing37.piczo.com

You see that?....That just happened!

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 11:05:35 am »
It's a quarter mile, but you can usually run at least two wide.  Track prep is good and the times I was out there last year I did not see major craters or anything.  Jerry Hoffman who owns and promotes the track is not the kind of person who will be steamrolled very easily, so I cannot imagine him rolling over on some of the stuff that happened in NC last year.  Legends cars race out there weekly from April until October and car counts were usually in the 15 to 18 car range.  Car counts increased as the season went and there was an increase from the previous year, so interest is growing in the area.  Below is a link to the track website for more details.  It is still early in the year and nothing official has been sent out, but if you have concerns about how the event will be run I would call Jerry and gets his thoughts on it.  All I can tell you is that when I was down there it was a well run and maintained track with a good group of racers.  Based on how things went during this last nationals race, I understand why you would question how things will be done this year. 

http://springfieldraceway.com/wp/

Offline bback58

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 05:05:33 pm »
I will say INEX leaves a lot to be desired in their officiating, in my experience at 2 Dirt National events.   They don't make "calls", they just put anyone involved in an incident to the back which is a poor way to do it.  Different officials can see incidents differently, and sometimes bad calls are made, but at least they they try to be fair (at least I hope so), but by putting anyone involved to the back they are saying they aren't even trying to be fair, just puttin in their time.
Brian B

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 05:14:39 pm »
Brian thats how all short track racing that I have been involved in works.  If you are involved you go to the back, clear and simple.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline bback58

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 11:31:45 pm »
Really.  Wow, that sucks.  None of the racing around here is officiated that way.
Brian B

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 05:43:58 am »
same goes in pa if your in it you go to the back, unless you know someone ? lol
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline LJ81

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 08:50:45 am »
Same way here in da south. Any way shape or formed you involved yer in the rear.
Lee Jordan
LJ Dezigns
Screen Printing, Embroidery, Decal Graphics, & Logo Design
803-329-8337
Check out the LJ Dezigns web for monthly specials!
www.ljdezigns.net

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 11:36:25 am »
sometimes you even get put to the back by mistake.......... man that sucks ..
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 02:41:50 pm »

I think the Nationals should be held where the most cars are, if you look at 600Racing/USLegends website throughout the season 75% of the dirt drivers are from the Northeast, Mostly PA. The other 25% is made of people from MO,NC, TX, and a few other states. I would say Lincoln Speedway in Pa would probably be the best location for a dirt national event.

Not trying to start anything (or continue anything  ;) )...
I had some spare time between appointments today and pulled the numbers since you didn't approve of  the top 30 in points comparison.

Of anyone who had turned a lap on the dirt in Masters, Pro, and Semi-Pro in 2009, even the guy who showed up once and only made the "B" main (PA), here are the totals in descending order:
Total: 256
PA  51
ND  35
WI  29
TX  25
NC  22
MN  18
MI  12
NM 10
NJ  9
MO  9
IA  9
LA  4
IL  4
MD  3
OH  3
SC  3
FL  2
AZ  2
GA  2
CT   1
CO  1
SD  1
WV 1

I just can't figure out how you come up with 75% from the Northeast...looks to be 25% to me, with the biggest number from PA as you said... but I don't have a map in front of me. I guess we have different ideas on what constitutes the "NorthEast"

;D

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Gimpster

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 04:13:58 pm »
 ND numbers should be higher this year too
Along with myself not listed in the past few years with INEX and bolting my seat back into a Legend for '10 there will be more. Our local dealer is promoting them over in Fargo this year too so I hear.
Casey Martin, Jim Hatzenbueler and Andee Beurele are 3 more locals who will be joining our ranks.
I'm still trying to put butts in vacant local cars here.
1/4 miler in MO huh ? I might have to plan a road trip this summer there for a pre Nationals trial run.

----- Gimpster -----

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 05:02:44 pm »
Hi Jim,
Are these drivers who drove in any sanction legends car race last year?  If so, the MO numbers should be higher. 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 09:16:52 pm »
Those are any  driver that raced in a dirt points race per INEX. Remember its the state that they live in, not necessarily race in, i.e. Warren Ropp of IA races some in WI, but only counts as an IA driver, and Eric Barth, who won 75% of the Davenport IA shows, is listed as a WI driver only
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 09:54:37 pm »
There really is no point in arguing about something as dumb as where people are from.  In my mind the Northeast is still and always will be the place for "DIRT" racing. That is just my opinion, that's all.  ;D

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com