Author Topic: 2010 Points Fund  (Read 12333 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

2010 Points Fund
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:06:22 am »
From  600 Racing (or what ever the name is now)

The purse and point fund for the 2010 racing season has been increased significantly over the past years.  During the INEX Awards Banquet Saturday evening, INEX announced the new point fund total of cash at $200,000.00.  They also announced that they will pay off 10 times more people through the points fund than in the 2009 racing season.

Now if they would just pay more at the Nationals. I would love to see more cars at the Nationals and  a good way to do that is to pay more. Just me thinking.

Scott

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: 2010 Points Fund
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:05:38 am »
And who gets this money? I've never recieved a penny from 600, so I assume it just has gone to the top 10 in points, or the summer shootout type of events?

The solution for Nationals car count is easy. Make it a points race...want even more cars? Make it a double points race. You'll have 200 cars there, money or not.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 01:08:43 pm »
Jim I do think that they only pay the top 10. There are alot of people out there that do give a hoot about points (me for one) but if you pay some real money for a true nationals they would get more cars than you could count. It cost alot of money to pull half way acrossed the country and not get any pay out is not really going to attract a lot of good cars. Want even more cars, put it on TV.

Scott

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 04:58:04 pm »
I got a $250 600 Racing gift card for 4th place in semi-pro dirt national points last year.  Its not cash but I was happy with that.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 05:45:35 pm »
I never seen or heard of anyone getting real cash from 600Racing/US Legends. I know they give out money at the National Banquet but its money that you could only use with them. The money they give out is like monopoly money but its parts money and thats about it.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline shark1441

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 08:39:04 pm »
wow ,hey guys here in quebec at st eustache for regular night 50 laps winner $150.second 125,115,110,105,six to ten $90,ten to the end $70.
once a year we make a 200 laps pay out $1000.to winner 600,500,400,300,six to ten 200,ten to the end $100.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 09:58:06 pm »
That has nothing to do with the 600 Racing/US Legends points fund, thats the track.
Our regular payout in Wisconsin is $250 to win, but thats not 600's money.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 05:46:44 am »
The Nationals has everything to do with US Legend Cars. They are the one that mails the checks at least.

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 07:44:21 am »
I was responding to Sharks post about the track payout in Quebec...
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 11:33:46 pm »
"IF" racing ever made money on your investment, we would all be broke. lol!
I don't pay a lot of attention to the payouts. The tracks usually paid around $50 just to turn a lap in the main. Back in my modified days, that just barely covered tow money. You did get a $3.00 trophy if you finished 1st in a heat race. Local SCCA races cost me $25 entry back in the '70's; with no return if you didn't finish in the top 4... Nothing! It's a very expensive hobby!!! It would be nice to see big national events. We will just have to wait and see what actually gets paid via INEX. I just don't see the point in worrying or arguing about what we already know are payouts for our local tracks. For the most part, That is all that matters (local tracks, the place we race the most).

My .02 for what it's worth.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 05:53:29 am »
Wasn’t really trying to argue over this. I have been to the last three Dirt Nationals and to say it simple the pay sucks. I know that the pay sucks and I still go. So maybe I’m part of the problem. My real point to this was, you would think that a “Nationals” would pay a little more than what you would get paid at a regular Saturday night show. IF they really want a bunch of cars to show up, then pay some big money. If you don’t believe that then watch how many show up at a million dollar race that Mr. Smith says he is going to have. I’m betting that the influx of money that he is putting into the series this year will find it way to the Nationals but that is just my opinion. That was my point in what I said. Sorry if anyone took it any other way.

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 08:37:18 am »
Completely understood Scott, I was just saying that they could get more cars, without cash outlay, by having the Nat's be a points race. Cash is always better, but there are alot of points chasers who would tow cross country if it meant something. Track payouts havent gone up since your days Steve, in fact many have gone down, just the punishment we take to enjoy our hobby.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 09:24:22 pm »
I also agree Jim, Points and money will make all of them come out. I really like the double points thing.

Scott

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 11:44:13 pm »
The reason why the payouts are so low at the Dirt Nationals and Legends Road Course racing is for the simple fact that the people at US Legends/600Racing do not care. If you do not run asphalt in North Carolina or just asphalt in general they do not care, if dirt and road course racing stopped tomorrow they would continue on like nothing happened. The only people who keep dirt and road course legends racing alive are the local promoters and drivers. At the dirt nationals, there was a rain date which was not used. The reason why they didnt use it was because they didnt want to pay for the track an extra day and just wanted to get it done. Just yesterday it was announced that there will be a million dollar purse for a race at Lowes 1/4 mile oval. Face the facts, dirt and road course drivers are the outsiders when it comes to Legends racing. I do agree it would be nice to race for money and have more cars at big events but they would just get more cars if they promoted the races on dirt and road course more. For example, leading up to the nationals they advertise the total purse and all this info about the Legends Asphalt Nationals, but they didnt say anything at all about the dirt and road course except for the dates and location. Also, if there was a tour which ran 25 legends races and didnt require you to have a Inex Lic, I wouldnt get one.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

anything