Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 305677 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2007, 01:28:29 am »
I am John I live in Gastonia, NC. I grew up in Long Island New York. I come from a racing family, dad raced Figure 8 cars for 30 years. I raced karts as a kid and Fig 8 cars as a teen. My little Brother Races Mini Stocks at New Smyrna beach in FL. I spent 8 years in the Army finishing my time with the 101st Airborne out of Ft Campbell, KY.  I was a cop for a little over two years and now I work Nuclear Security in the Carolinas. (lol, the pay is whole lot better)

Looking to get back into racing and Legends Cars seem to be the best fit for me. I enjoy the fact they race every where (to include road courses and dirt) under the same rules. I am an oval guy, but raced road courses in karts and they are a lot of fun.

I currently have my Harley up for sale so I can purchase a Legends Car. When I start racing will all depend on when the bike is sold and when the right deal comes along.  I will be asking a lot of questions, so thanks in advance.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2007, 03:18:29 am »
Hi John,
 Welcome!

You'll find Good People, Input and Info.................... ENJOY!!!

Happy Holidays!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2007, 12:16:53 am »
Hi my name is Shawn and I live in NE PA.. 07 was my first year racing legends. I ran with Keystone Legends on dirt and asphalt.

Hi Shawn, welcome to the forum.  So you ran on dirt and asphalt...  Which did you like best and why?

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline MegaMang

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2007, 12:20:09 am »
IFig 8 cars as a teen.

Looking to get back into racing and Legends Cars seem to be the best fit for me. I enjoy the fact they race every where (to include road courses and dirt) under the same rules. I am an oval guy, but raced road courses in karts and they are a lot of fun.

I currently have my Harley up for sale so I can purchase a Legends Car. When I start racing will all depend on when the bike is sold and when the right deal comes along.  I will be asking a lot of questions, so thanks in advance.

John, welcome to the forum.  Hope you manage to find a buyer for your bike before the beginning of the season.  Good luck on finding a car.  Hope my response about legends helped a little.  Hope some of the more experienced drivers on this forum step up and fill in any of the blanks that my response was missing.

Good luck,
Mike

Offline Shawnben

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2007, 12:41:22 am »
I like pavement you don't have to wash your car so much and it's alot easier on your equipment but dirt is alot more fun.

Offline MegaMang

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2007, 12:47:57 am »
I hear you.

The guy that owned my car before me let his son race the car for 2007.  He was saying that dirt racing was a lot of fun when he tried it, but there was a lot of vibration.  Not sure if I'll try dirt this year.  Who knows about next year. ;)

Mike

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2007, 10:21:43 am »
C'mon Mike, we'll always welcome a Canuck in the dirt here in Wisconsin...just try it, you'll like it!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline pegalis

• =o.O=
    • Far Beyond Driven Racing
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2008, 03:39:47 pm »
Howdy!  My name is Shaun Cheatum. Back when I was writing books and drawing comics and such, my pen name was Pegalis.   Most who know me in person simply call me D'cheat *The Cheat*   No relation to the home star runner web site :)

I have been in quite a few forms of motor sports over the years.  My favorite to this day is Rock Crawling.  From autocross to drag, I dabble in it all.
Then I got some seat time in a friends Legends car and was hooked from the get-go.   But turning left all the time is not my thing.  So, Im currently building a sedan into a road race car.  Im re-working the frame, suspension, brakes and tossing in a turbo charged hayabusa engine. Depending on the boost settings, from 200 hp to 500 hp.  It will be one hell'of a ride when Im done.   It seems that I have enough spare parts laying around to even attempt a road legal status for this car too. Time will tell. :)

I live in Reno, Nevada way out past spanish springs.

With Legends, Its not your tires that are screaming, its the Pavement.

Offline MegaMang

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2008, 04:15:43 pm »
Howdy Pegalis!

Sounds like one wild ride.  Post a picture in the Show us what you got thread.  http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=93.0

Did I see your name before in old posts?  You've been awol for some time I believe.  Welcome back!
Mike

Offline pegalis

• =o.O=
    • Far Beyond Driven Racing
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2008, 05:06:15 pm »
I came back a few times, but the server was down. I thought the site went away so I got rid of the link.  Last week, I found you guys again. Now im happy once more :)
With Legends, Its not your tires that are screaming, its the Pavement.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2008, 02:38:57 am »
Hi Shaun,
 Missed you ! Good to see you back!!! 8)
Your ride gets wilder everytime you talk about her!
I really gotta see this!  ;D
 Mine is coming along. Due, in part, to your help. I still appreciate all the info!
Thanks! And Welcome Back!!!

Steve

Offline fastmantom

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2008, 01:37:16 am »
Hello Everybody, My name is Tom Quattlebaum (kwa tul bawm) and I'm currently living with my dad in Newnan, Georgia.  My background in racing started in 2001 about a week after I graduated high school.  I ran yard karts at a local dirt track for a couple of years.  Somehow (through some very good people at 4cycle.com) I picked up a ride in Champ Karts running the Georgia State Series for 2003 and 2004.  In 2005, I was offered a full time ride with Ron's Kart Shop in north Georgia, where I ran Limited Mod and Stock class karts at Blue Ridge, Jasper, and Chatsworth, Georgia.   Ended that season with 13 wins, and around 65 top 3 finishes out of about 100 races run.  Towards the end of 2005 I started helping Ronnie Sanders, because I wanted to learn racecars.  I ended up quitting karts at the end of that year and got to where all I did racing wise was volunteer and intern under Ronnie.  Under Ronnie I've worked on his Pro and Super late models, Billy Fulson's legends cars, and a few bando's here and there.  I work for Ronnie's son, Ricky, every now and again, and I crew chiefed a little on his Pro Late last year.   I've also gained some experience working on Pro Challenge cars the past couple of years helping Kyle Mitchell.  Kyle sold his pro challenge car this past year and is now moving to a Pro Late.  He and his dad have asked me to be their crew chief on that car.   I now currently split my time between Kyle's car, Ronnie's Shop, Ricky's Shop, and school (I've finally made it to my last semester). 

I guess that's about it for now, I'm sure yall will learn more about me over time :).
I don't know if I can make the car win, but I think I can make it run fast enough to where people think we're cheating.

If they ask if we're cheating, smile and answer,"Yes".  They won't believe you if you say,"No".

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2008, 03:12:55 am »
Tom Q.,
 Congratulations on getting to your last semester at school!
It's always a tough row to hoe; But well worth the experience!
What is your major?
Mine was Business Management. Did that for 30 years. Now work in Health Care (yes, went back to school).
 I've seen your posts on Bob's, and your posts here. I appreciate your help (through posts on 4cycle) for helping me get my Grandson's go kart finished. You have a lot of good insite! It's Great To See You Here On Ledgendsracer.
 Congrats also for becoming a moderator on the site! I'm sure All will benefit from your knowledge.

Best Wishes for a Sucessful 2008!

Steve

Offline fastmantom

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2008, 03:51:05 am »
Steve,

I'm a Physics Major with a Business Concentration.  Basically I've taken a lot of the practical/hard Physics Courses, and instead of taking classes like Nuclear Physics I spent my last two semesters taking Business Courses.  Have to admit I think a lot more of Business Majors after taking some Business Courses, as they (and the theory behind them) are actually pretty interesting.  I'll be glad when I'm finally finished.  Maybe then I can get a real job and become a real boy!  That is of course I can't make a living somehow in the racing world :).
I don't know if I can make the car win, but I think I can make it run fast enough to where people think we're cheating.

If they ask if we're cheating, smile and answer,"Yes".  They won't believe you if you say,"No".

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2008, 04:47:56 am »
It all comes down to dollars and sense.   ;):D ;D :P

Business has been good to me.
I'd complain,
But nobody listens.  :P

:D ;D ;D

Steve

anything