Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 306335 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #480 on: April 21, 2013, 08:17:41 pm »
WELCOME Jeff!!!
Glad to have you aboard!
Going to be autocrossing my car also. Still a lot of work to do. I hope to swap some info with you.
Thanks for the decal request!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline oddtodd

« Reply #481 on: May 31, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »
Hi, I am Todd Garren from Asheboro, NC. Been wanting to race all my life and starting to get enough money saved up to get serious about getting into it. I think Legends is a great place for me to get my fix as well as give my son the opportunity I did not have when he gets a little older. He is really into race cars already at 3 years old so if he wants to take over Dad's car one day I want him to have that opportunity. I have been following local short track racing here in NC since I was 7. Always wanted to drive a late model but unless I win the lottery never going to have the dough to do that lol. Legends car look really fun and in my price range and skill level tho. Hoping to learn as much as possible and avoid as many of the newbie headaches as I can when i decide to take the plunge. Probably be another year or so until I am ready to buy unless a used car comes across that is too good to pass up. Any and all advice, connections etc is greatly appreciated. Far as tracks go probably mostly run Caraway as that is only a few minutes from my house but if I get competitive enough maybe do some traveling to some of the other tracks around here. Mainly this will be something to have fun with and working on I am not getting in to quit my job and start a career in racing or anything. Probably look at doing the test drive down at Charlotte at some point unless someone can get me in touch with someone willing to rent their car out for a Caraway practice.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »
Welome to the LegendsRacer family Todd!

Lots of good info in the old threads. Take some time to read through them. Subjects range from buying a used car vs new to set up and engine advice.
If you need help with anything here on the site, be sure to let me know.

Best Of Luck,

Steve

Offline oddtodd

« Reply #483 on: May 31, 2013, 03:09:49 pm »
Thanks, read through most of the threads regarding buying cars. Still trying to work out what all I should look for. I've found several cars in the area that seem like good deals and are within my budget but I guess I am a bit terrified of taking advantage of.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #484 on: May 31, 2013, 03:19:38 pm »
VIN and title are a big issue to look for. Also, is the car up to date to meet current rules? Be sure to read through the current rulebook.
Sealed or open engine is your choice. Get as many spares as you can if you choose to buy a used car. Extra parts are always a plus. Less money, should you need them. If you are serious about buying a car in the next year, you may want to start buying your gear (suit, gloves, under garmets). Leave things like current helmet and seat belts until you get the car.

Steve

Offline oddtodd

« Reply #485 on: May 31, 2013, 03:55:03 pm »
if you get a VIN can you just email it to 600 and have them tell you the history on the car?

Offline oilspot

« Reply #486 on: June 16, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »
 Names Garrett, I live in Las Cruces NM.  I've got a 9 year old son that races karts here at the Southern New Mexico Speedway in the Jr1 class. I'm thinking that a legends car will be a good next step when he's ready for it.
  So I'll be lurking around learning about legends as we progress with the karting.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #487 on: June 16, 2013, 08:24:29 pm »
Hi Garrett,

Welcome to the LegendsRacer family!

At 9 years old, you may want to look into Bandolero Cars. Kind of a step between karts and a Legends.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Steve

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #488 on: June 16, 2013, 09:20:43 pm »
Hi Garrett,

At 9 years old, you may want to look into Bandolero Cars. Kind of a step between karts and a Legends.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Steve

X2

Offline legendsracer95

« Reply #489 on: June 16, 2013, 10:51:57 pm »
Hi Garrett,

Hope you enjoy the site.

Steve

I have raced at the SNMS, and i must say it is a great facility. Bandolero's would be a good option if they lived in Albuquerque. They dont race Bandolero's in the las Cruses area. Napa Speedway in  Abq,NM is the only asphalt track that races bandolero's and legends.   ;D

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #490 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:07 am »

I have raced at the SNMS, and i must say it is a great facility. Bandolero's would be a good option if they lived in Albuquerque. They dont race Bandolero's in the las Cruses area. Napa Speedway in  Abq,NM is the only asphalt track that races bandolero's and legends.   ;D

Might be worth talking to the track owner to see if they would be willing to add the Bando cars. We have had a couple of members that race Bando's on dirt. Sounds fun!!!

Steve

Offline bmk

« Reply #491 on: July 03, 2013, 11:57:17 am »
Hello my name is Barry from Erie, PA. I started going to an asphalt track in Clearfield, PA when I was younger then it was closed. Moved to Erie last year and found out about the legends. I think shortly I might be interested in a car so I'm here to learn. I once was told to " fill your library before your garage. With that being said I'm hopping to learn a little and meet up with a team from Lake Erie Speedway to show me a few things.  Anyone from Erie that needs or is interested in a shadow for a little bit please pm me. :)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #492 on: July 03, 2013, 10:25:51 pm »
Welcome Barry!
Glad you found our little site. Lots of good folks here on the site to help you with any questions you may have.
Thank You for your introduction!
We do have some members in your area. I am hopeful that they will invite you to come out and meet them.
Let me know if there are questions about the site, or need help with research.
Welcome Aboard!

Steve

Offline ThurlbyRacing

• Thurlby Racing
« Reply #493 on: July 16, 2013, 12:26:04 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm Brandon From Windsor, Ontario, Canada (adjacent to Detroit Mi). I've been involved in auto racing all of my life and just started in the US legend cars in 2013. We purchased a brand new '34 Ford Coup from Canada's newest legends dealer, Mccoll Racing Enterprises in London.

I started racing at 10 years old in CASCAR Jr (essentially a Bandolero without suspension), then moved to a JCAR Mini Truck, and now into the legend cars. I have a few races behind me and  man these cars are a lot of fun to drive!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #494 on: July 16, 2013, 12:29:34 pm »
Welcome Brandon!
Glad to have you aboard!
Thanks for posting the introduction.
Enjoy!!!

Steve