Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 323566 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #450 on: October 25, 2012, 10:05:40 pm »
Hi Kyle,

Welcome to the site!
Message me and let me know what info you are searching for. I will try to direct you to threads that will help you out.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline startzy

« Reply #451 on: October 26, 2012, 12:21:12 pm »
pm sent...not sure if it went through or not.

Offline Uncle_River

« Reply #452 on: November 08, 2012, 08:56:40 am »
Just wanted to say HI to everyone. My father in law just baught a legends car for the 2013 seasons. We will be racing  in the central pa area.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #453 on: November 08, 2012, 10:34:31 am »
Welcome to the site.
Alot of PA are guys on here.
Any questions, just ask!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #454 on: November 08, 2012, 09:14:23 pm »
Welcome!
As Jim already said, , lots of people in your area.
Please fill out your profile so that other members in your area  are better able to answer questions you may have about specific tracks, etc...
Any questions about the site or old threads, Please don't hesitate to message me. Welcome aboard!

Steve

Offline Lusos

« Reply #455 on: November 09, 2012, 01:31:03 pm »
Hi, my name is Oscar and I'm a FormulaSAE racer living in Marietta, Georgia. I'm from Barnesville and have been doing Autocross for a few years now.

I'm glad to see this forum up and about!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #456 on: November 09, 2012, 06:18:53 pm »
Hi Oscar,

Welcome to the site!
Thanks for the introduction! We've been rockin' and racin' here on the site for a little over 5 1/2 years now. I hope you are finding some of the info helpful.
Message me if you have any questions about the site. Lots of good people here on the site.
Enjoy!

Steve

Offline RATBAG

« Reply #457 on: November 09, 2012, 06:35:22 pm »
G'day everyone, my name is Stewart. I live  in an outer suburb of Sydney Australia. I used to race midgets in the mid to late 90's after learning to swing spanners for my Dad's mates as  a 12yr old. I grew up around midget racing so dirt racing is in my blood & lord knows I've had my breaks from it but once it's in your system it's in you for life! Lol. My 1st experience driving before even knew how to drive a road car was a sprintcar (Gambler ;) )belonging to my Dads mate who he was crew chief for but Dad couldn't fit in the car so I got the go at a test/practice day. I was 15 & I was hooked! Lol. Anyway I've also had one goes in a street stock , an amca national ( similar to your imca mods) & my last stint in speedway was speedway karts & was very competitive for my modest budget & over a 6 year period collected quite alot of trophies too :) but haven't raced dirt for about 6yrs now & have been doing some drag racing where I took out the track championship for my class in my 1st season lol. But everything has now. Come full circle & I miss the wheel to wheel adrenalin rush of speedway racing & I'd love to strap my backside into a midget again but they are just too expensive these days & karts are just too hard on the body. So value for dollar I'm seriously looking at buying a Legend car to run at Sydney Speedway next year as the excitement for the $ seems to be the best & I still prefer open wheel to having fenders. I've had a read through some topics & comments on here & it seems like there's some genuine friendly, helpful & happy people on here that I look forward to getting to know & chat with & who knows one of these days I might be able to get my butt over there & meet some of you in person & maybe rent a ride or 2 while I'm there which is something I should've done 20 years ago when I was midget racing lol. Anyway thankyou for taking the time to read my story, I did try to keep it short & hopefully not too boring!

Cheers
Stewie  ;D
My old motto back in my midget racing days- If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space! ;)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #458 on: November 09, 2012, 07:16:07 pm »
Welcome Stewart!

Thanks for the introduction! We have a few members from down under. Hopefully they will introduce themselves to you.
Check out Sydney Legend Cars.

Steve

Offline LEGENDCARSALES

« Reply #459 on: November 21, 2012, 03:29:01 pm »
Hello Everyone,

Found this Forum with a quick search and thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce the newest Legend Car Sales facility here at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (Granite State Legend Cars)
It's a great opprortunity for so many people racing Bandoleros and Legend  Cars to express view points and questions on a site like this and look forward to reading many of your posts
Granite State Legend Cars

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2012, 03:33:35 pm »
Welcome Daren!
This is a good site. Great people here! We try hard to keep things as informational as we can.
Hope you enjoy the site.

Steve

Offline REX MERRITT

« Reply #461 on: December 26, 2012, 12:12:23 pm »
Hello, my name is Rex Merritt, I have raced for 35 years, and I am kind of new to the Legends class. I have purchased one  for my grandaughter, and one for myself to learn with.
I work for Bilstein Motorsports, (yes, the  manufactor of your shocks, and no, I will not cheat them up for you).
I have a little background in driving race cars in the past including, asphalt and dirt latemodels, and modifieds, along with some drag racing.
I live in Billings, MO.  and we are really looking forward in learning and racing with the legend cars,  if anyone has questions for me, e-mail at any time, and I am sure I will have plenty of questions I will need help with in this  new adventure!,
Thanks,
Rex Merritt

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #462 on: December 26, 2012, 09:41:59 pm »
Hi Rex,

Welcome to the site!
Good to have you aboard.

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #463 on: December 26, 2012, 09:59:35 pm »
Welcome to Legends.
Any questions, go ahead and fire away!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline EJR51

• facebook.com/ericjonesracing
« Reply #464 on: December 27, 2012, 07:16:47 pm »
I'm Eric Jones, 2012 was my first year racing.  We race out of the Northern Virginia area.  2012 was a pretty good year for us, 14 races with a bunch of rainouts and exceeded all the goals we set out for ourselves, which included getting my ass kicked by iracelegends77 aka Scott.  I deploy in the winter, so that I'm able to race throughout the year.  We'll begin 2013 with Winter Nationals, and I'm not sure where we'll end up racing... probably Shenandoah, and hopefully the Summer Shootout.

You can follow us on facebook at facebook.com/ericjonesracing and on twitter at EricJones_51 (i think).
Eric Jones
#51 FreedomBehindTheWheel.org
Virginia