Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 292224 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 08:53:57 pm »
For everyone that doesn't know Al; He is the official web site comedian.  :P

Al is also our web site moderator.

Al has sensored the rest of this post

Good to see you posting Al.
Take Care,
Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 02:05:17 pm »
 There are still a lot of members out there.
Tell us a little bit about you, your racing efforts, your hopes and dreams!
Inquiring mind want to know!!!  ;) :D ;D

Thanks!

Steve

lok

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 04:24:32 am »
Where do I start....Well my son has been racing flattrack motorcycles since he was around 5. He is now 16. He was very competitive at our local tracks, and won several class championships. I decided that it was getting a little too scary, regarding the injury rate. My uncle has been involved with the Legends series for quite some time, and has wanted us too buy a legends car for quite a while. So here we are!! We are really enjoying the racing and learning curve. We only have two races under our belts, in Holland, New York. He did race 3 times, in North Carolina, after the first race wreck at Holland Speedway!! We are getting as much seat time this year as possible. We are looking forward to a full race season next year, where we will have an entire year to set goals and work towards those goals.

Lonney
http://icandypro.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 11:27:28 am »
Hi Lonney,
 I wish you both the best luck in the coming years.

Steve

jon8j

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 04:09:12 pm »
Might as well be polite and finally give an intro, huh? 
I'm Jon Bell.  Raced at our local track in Senoia, GA off and on for 15 years - 'til my son Phillip started running Bandos.  Couldn't afford two cars - so guess who got to keep his!!!  We've run a lot of different tracks always preferring to add to our collection of tracks rather than points.  Had a lot of fun and a lot of heartbreaks in 9 years.  Phillip is a very gifted wrench ('course I wouldn't be biased now would I?).  He has stuck to a goal since he was 9: "One of these days I'm gonna sit on top of one of those pit boxes, making the calls."  He has crewed on a variety of stockcars from my old Pintos to traveling Late Models and now ARCA.  We race his Legend on off weeks.  And I have a blast watching it all!  Seeing him go "over the wall" at Springfield where they won was as big a thrill to dad as the win at SCS the week before.
JB

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 08:01:11 pm »
Hi Jon,
 Sounds like Phillip has a plan. Not often do most of us have a plan at such a young age. My wife says I'm still clueless! :o Wonder what she means by that? ???
Anyway, It is fun to watch them grow up and be a part of their lives.
 Congrats!!!
 Best Wishes to you both!

Steve

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 12:05:18 pm »
My name is Jeremy Coulter and I am from Ottawa, ON, Canada.  I just purchased the number 28 1934 Ford Sedan from Frank Johnston and Brassil Creek Racing.  My Fiance and I took the racing school and when we were done Frank said "you are fast. When are you buying a car". lol.  So I bought one of his school cars.  I am sure some of you on here know Dwight Pilgram and it was an honour to watch him race my car the week before I bought it.  he really knows his stuff. 
As far as racing goes I have run 4 times at my local track and travelled twice to an out of town track.  We had our first wreck on the weekend.  it was very exciting  ;D.  I was actully running in second place with some very seasoned veterans when 3 of us got into a spin in between turn 1 and 2.  I am having so much fun racing Legneds and I am looking forward to tearing my car apart this winter and putting it back together.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 12:23:15 pm »
Welcome Jeremy!
 Never seen anyone grin when talking about a wreck.  ::)  It sure gets the heart to pumpin'!  Glad your having fun.
When you going to get your lady in the car? You'll have to let us know how she does.

You will find Good People, Info and Input Here!

Best of Luck ,
   Steve

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 01:15:56 pm »
well it was a gentle wreck.  Just  a front right spindle and a shock mount in the rear housing.  I could not believe how well I was doing either.  The car was hooked up and I was quick and smooth.  The guy who took me out is going for track champion too.  I figured that was good for a rookie.  But it is so much fun seeing how much better you get each week as a driver once you start to get used to the car.  When I took the school Frank Johnston said to get at least 50 racing laps in before you start changing anything on the car.  he was right.  The car felt really loose for the first 2 races, and then i discovered a faster line on the track and the car is not as loose anymore.  I guess it all comes with experience but i am having a blast doing it.

CC57

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 04:27:12 pm »
Here goes:

CC57: Cowboy Carson  and most of my cars have been number #57. Except the Thunder Roadster I drive now.

A TR? What's he doing on this site? Learnng from y'all about these 4-cylinder motors we run.   And I figure the TR is just a cousin of the Legends,right?

Anyway, I'm down here in Texas. Used to race dirt (Street Stock, Limted Modified, Late Model Stock Car) before going to the "dark side"- asphalt. And I love it! Racing on asphalt seems to be much cleaner (no pun intended) as they're certainly does't seem to be as much beating and banging going on.

Additionally, I like driving these cars. I refer to them as short track/Saturday night IROC racing: same engines, same shocks, same wheel offsets, etc. It's driver setup and driver versus driver setup and driver. And I don't run as m,uch a rsik of being out walleted to the finish line. Now if I can just get her set up (and learn how to drive her) it would be that much better. But I'm getting there.

Thanks and talk to y'all soon.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 01:43:28 am »
Welcome Cowboy!
 Nothing wrong with those Thunder Roadsters; I like the look . I've never seen them run, looks like a blast! You'll have to post some pics.

You'll find Good People, Good Info and Good Input here!

Steve

Offline Lowgroover

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 06:36:00 pm »
Hey all,
My name is Louie Robinett and I am an INEX certified Tech man at Huntsville Speedway. I have never raced a Legends or Bandolero car, but I have been in racing since 1965 in one form or another, drove everything from Quarter Midgets to Late Models, and retired as a driver in 1996. I really enjoy working with the Legends and Bando programs and have made a lot of new friends.
Everyone is invited to run at Huntsville, it is a really great track for the Legends and Bandos. For more info visit www.huntsvillespeedway.com. Also check out our current Winter series, next race is this Saturday Oct.13th, 2007.
Certified INEX Technical inspector

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 08:04:48 pm »
Hi Louie,
 Welcome to the site!
We would sure appreciate your experience. Happy to have you aboard!

Good People, Input and Info........... Enjoy!

Steve

Kyle. Daughtery

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 08:34:20 pm »
My name is Kyle Daughtery and I've been racing for two years. In karting is where I started but racing has always been around me and in my life. My dad and uncle also started in karting and once raced a legend at the Speedrome on the east side of Indianapolis. I am looking to get into the legends scene once I sell all of my karting chassis' and everything along with it. I don't know a whole lot about these cars but with my teams help and my grandad backing me I'll learn what I need to.  Oh yea....feel free to let me know anything you want haha.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 01:50:47 am »
Welcome Kyle!
 Feel free to ask whatever you need to know. Pretty friendly bunch here.
Also, Feel free to share whatever info you would like.  ;)

Good People, Good Input, Good Info........... Enjoy!

Steve

anything