Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 292155 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:16:21 pm »
Hey Tom,
 I know it's a lot of work , but how about an introduction section? Members (new & old) can introduce themselves. Let everyone know who they are, where there from, where they race, etc... I'm thinking people can get to know eachother a little better.

Just a thought

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 08:32:52 pm »
OK, I just changed the title of this thread and made it sticky.

I'll start.

My name is Tom Cole.  I live in Albany, GA and my son is in his first season racing Legends Cars.

Offline reitter28

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:36:42 pm »
im jonathan live in the northern panhandle of wv...im in my 3rd full season of speedway karts (dirt) and plan on selling out this fall and buying a legend car! i absolutley cant wait to move into this series as in march we went to hickory nc to watch them, and just last week went and checked out the summer shootout. im here to find out as much as possible b4 i jump into one for my first race in 08. legend drivers seem to b a heck of alot cleaner drivers than karters...alot more give and take, and i look forward to that competitive yet clean racing. thanks for the great forum!!
lancehooper.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 10:46:48 pm »
Hello from Great Falls, Montana.

My name is Steve. I am building a Dwarf Car, using  the Legends Cars as a guide of sorts. My car is a '40 Ford coupe. I have been building it from the frame up. I've always wanted to build my own car.  Closest Legends racing seems to be Kalispell, MT or Stateline, ID. At this point my plan is to run SCCA Auto Cross. Use to race street stocks and pavement modifieds over in Washington state. Got out due to high cost of racing; But can't seem to give it up. 8)
 Welcome to the forum eveyone! I'm sure you'll meet some nice folks on here, and get the info you need to have a GREAT season.

Good Luck To All!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 04:09:00 am »
 Three posts out of 114 members??? :-[   (shakes head)

The only way to have a forum is if ALL the members talk to eachother. There are a lot of really good people here! Tom has put a lot of time and effort into creating a forum so that we can ALL Learn from eachother - newbies or old timers. Al is one of the nicest, and most helpful, people I have ever had the pleasure to chat with and exchange emails.
 Yes! I am blowing off a little steam here. I work 12 hour days, and sometimes don't get to check the forum until 1:00 or 2:00 a.m. I check it EVERY DAY. I APPRECIATE ALL  WHO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FORUM!!! . And YES; I am a newbie! Don't be afraid to contribute. The only "stupid question" is the one that goes un-asked.
 When you stop in - Say Hello; ask about what you are having trouble with; post a picture (Everybody likes pictures  ;D); talk to another member. It's amazing the people you meet; and the things one can learn.
 I appologize if I offended anyone. It's my 2 cents; for what it's worth. I just think this can be a Great Forum.
I Thank Tom, Al, and the site sponsors for giving me a place to learn.

Steve

P.S.
  See - You've all just learned that sometimes I get angry.  :o   So. I guess that's a little bit more everyone knows about me.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 11:43:46 am »
My name is John and at the moment I am running the occasional dirt modified race near St. Louis, MO.  At the end of the season, I am looking to sell my car and try to find a used Legends car (if anyone is interested in a trade, let me know).  The modified is fun, but I just do not have the funding or time to be as competitive as I want to be with it.   Before that I ran a couple years in a dirt street stock and some autocrosses.   The Legends have always looked like fun and I love the idea of using the same car on dirt and paved ovals, along with road courses.  I just want to enjoy racing again and stop worrying about constant rules changes and new go fast parts that always increase the cost to compete.   The Legends group in Southwest Missouri is really taking off, so it seems like a good time to make the change.       

Red Racer1

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 01:47:49 pm »
Hi, my name is Kim Kelley and I live in Rochelle GA.  I have a red and white 37' Ford sedan Legends car.  I have had my car for about two years but haven't been able to race as much as I would like to.  I changed jobs and built a house right after I bought the car so racing fell down the list of my priorities.  I am trying to start getting back into it slowly.  I enjoy racing in Cordele but I seem to do better and tear up less in Albany.  Hope to see you at the Circle again soon.

Kim Kelley

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 10:32:59 pm »
Hi, my name is Geoff Bevan, I am located in Nova Scotia, Canada. I am in my second year of legends racing. I was able to be the 2006 Rookie of the year at my local track (Scotia Speedworld). This season so far I have been able to pick up 2 feature wins. I have been helping a couple of local driver's with setups and repairs. I hope to someday be able to race with some of you.

Geoff

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 10:22:19 pm »
Hey Guys,

My name  is Mike, I have been racing Legends since 2001 where I finished  second in the Semi Pro division in Northern California, I had a full ride at that time but found out it was hard driving and not owning the car, in 2004 my wife bought me a 37 Chevy Sedan and have been in Texas as of 2005, there are some really fast guys here and our tracks suck so , I am being challenged by my own driving. I hope to move on to Dwarf cars next year as dirt tracks are plentiful in Texas.

Later,

Mike.

Offline T48

• Sugar Babies Outfitters
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 12:25:09 pm »
Hi guys!  T48 is the number of our "37 Ford Sedan Legends, AKA Tweety.   I haven't posted much lately (Al, thanks for asking) because we haven't had the best of luck with Tweety. *L*  With any luck, though, our engine will be rebuilt for the second time real soon and we just MIGHT be able to race for the first time!

We're Clarence and Barbara Thomason, we're from Leary, Georgia (about 25 miles from Albany) and we support the same track that Tom does - Suicide Circle Speedway in Albany.  It's a great track for Legends, and with the big $1000 to win purse coming up Labor Day Weekend we'd love to see a BUNCH of you there!

Also, we're Trey "The Cole Train" Cole's biggest fans!!  ;D
-----Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 02:27:38 am »
Hi and Welcome Everyone!

Sorry about the blanket Hello. It's been a long day!
 I Am Happy You Are  All Here. I Appreciate Everyones input and tolerence of my silly questions.

My Best toALL of You!

Steve

Offline DMcGrew

• DustinMcGrew.com
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 01:52:29 pm »
Hey everyone, my name is Dustin McGrew. I'm 23 and from Pittsburgh, PA. I'm looking at getting into Legends for next season so please bear with me as I ask the noob questions around here ;) I've been an avid simracer for atleast 10 years now and after getting a "real" job I'm FINALLY able to afford my own racecar! YES!!  ;D
Dustin McGrew

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 03:52:58 am »
Welcome Dustin!

You'll find Good People, Input and Info.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 03:22:38 am »
Welcome Bob!

You'll find good people, input and info here.

Where you located? I grew up in So. Cal.; Downey, Norwalk, Long Beach, North Hollywood. 40 weeks  is an Awesome Schedule! Sometimes I miss the warm weather states! :D

Let us all know what your doing;  right  or wrong. Ask questions; Share info., Post pics. (EVERYONE LOVES PICS).

Enjoy

Steve

Offline DARK AGE 53

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 06:19:01 pm »
I'm not worth knowing but as Steve knows I need the post count to catch up with him  ;D ;D ;D.

Al
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA