Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 169820 times)

Offline JGRacing

Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2010, 11:17:35 pm »
It might be a big 1/4 mile, but that is what they call it.  ;) You are welcome to give a 3.58 a try, but I would make sure to bring another gear just in case.  Just passing along what I found out about the track from being out there last year. 

As far as gearing goes, on a slick 3/8 mile track testing last week (Tri City Speedway in Illinois) I ran 3.30 in 3rd and was hitting the rev limiter. 

Want to make sure that we are talking the same language.  3rd gear to me is two gears back from neutral since 1st to me is in front of neutral. 

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #256 on: August 23, 2010, 09:36:47 am »
Ok, so Chris did officially beat my Saturday....I qualified better than him (a first I think) and I started our Heat on the pole!  I got off to a fast start taking the lead but it didn't take Chris long to come from 3rd and pass me down low.  My car was better than qualifying but not nearly as good as Chris'.  Infact I think Chris was 3 tenths faster in the heat than he qualified (sandbagger) according to timing and scoring.

So I started the feature 12th out of 19 cars and realized I had freed her up a little too much.  I started by getting loose around lap 8 coming off turn 4, lightly slapped the wall and then spun entering turn 1 and backed into the wall, not to much damage but it sent me to the back.

I restarted 17th and passed two cars fairly quickly but took my time passing the next and when I finally got a run on him passing to the outside he got loose and bumped into me, I of course lost control and again hit the wall with my front right..  >:(

I broke off the lollypop mounting point on the upper rear and bent the frame rails (ahead of the shock mounting horns).  I dropped the car off at out local legends guru (Alfrey Motorsports) on my way home Saturday (at 1am) and I should find out how bad it is tonight. 

I may be out for a couple of weeks if the repairs cost too much.

I don't know what it is with Anderson but the last three times I have been there I have either been caught up in someone elses wreck or wrecked  myself......I need to conqure that place before it becomes a phsycological thing.

Glad to see Chris do good (and get his first Legends Trophy)!  Seeing Heath finish the second to last car on the lead lap I realize if I could have just kept the car off the wall I think I could have beaten him.  Now I’m afraid the points race is all but over with.

Not much to smack talk about this week.

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2010, 10:48:23 am »
I led 7.5 of the 8 lap heat race before being passed by Dan...at least it was my other car that beat me!
Then he finished 9th and I finished 11th in the A Main.
Nice being able to drive onto the trailer 2 weeks in a row...I'm getting spoiled
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2010, 11:00:57 am »
Driving onto the trailer?  What is that?  Sounds nice.

We are getting good at getting my car on and off the trailer without a front right.....but that's not something you want to be good at.

Gerad
Gerad Miller
BigmilMotorsports.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2010, 11:46:29 am »
I had stretch that 4 of 5 races in a row that the wrecker had to drop my car onto the trailer. It's bad when they say "Black Tahoe in the back row, right?" That means you're on the hook too much
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2010, 12:45:28 pm »
LOL!

You didn't mention Jeff's WIN in the sports mod on Saturday.
CONGRATULATIONS Jeff!!!
Now tied for 1st place points at Beaver Dam.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2010, 12:50:18 pm »
LOL!

You didn't mention Jeff's WIN in the sports mod on Saturday.
CONGRATULATIONS Jeff!!!
Now tied for 1st place points at Beaver Dam.

Steve

He's won the last 3 A-mains in a row, the scoring system for them is so weak, that it took 3 A main wins for him to make up 4 points on the leader
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2010, 12:58:01 pm »
Just had to toss that out there, because someone (who will remain nameless) has not updated their site as to the weekends happenings.
 ;D ;D ;D

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2010, 03:54:02 pm »
Hey Dennis,
     There are a couple of our FASTMidwest guys thinking about coming up to Barberton this weekend and next to race with you guys!  You got any pointers?  I know Chris Linley said he was going and sounded like Brian Nuckles is going.  Don't know about myself yet.

Gerad
Gerad Miller
BigmilMotorsports.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #264 on: August 23, 2010, 06:57:53 pm »
Just had to toss that out there, because someone (who will remain nameless) has not updated their site as to the weekends happenings.
 ;D ;D ;D

Steve

Sorry Steve!
Ran Sunday night too, didnt get home until 12:30...it's all updated now  :)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline ethan54

« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2010, 02:28:46 am »
I think this was the 3rd weekend in a row of being hooked off the track. Lead the opening 4-5 laps until i dropped back to 3rd, which is where i believe i would have finshed. Few laps later the leader came up on the 2nd place car which caused a little chain reaction. I hit the brakes and was already pulled into the cushion which resulted in the RF being tore off.....
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2010, 08:38:25 am »
I had the best night of my life, but still can't finish things off. Dan broke. Jeffs great as usual.

Was running the top 5 in the A main (with Ethan, DJ, Brandon, and Joey) for over half of the race and looped it all by myself around lap 12. Luckily we had a big enough lead over the rest of the pack that there was no contact. Had to restart at the back of the pack (19th or 20th), made it back up to 8th and spun myself out on the white flag lap. I was far enough out of the groove they didn't throw a flag, so I got scored a lap down in 17th I believe.

Dan broke the left side axle on lap 2 and just putted around and ended up finishing ahead of me in 16th, as I was about to lap him when I spun .

Jeff won his 4th straight A Main in the Sport Mod and is finally in the points lead by himself with 2 races to go.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2010, 12:34:43 pm »
Finished 3rd last night. Still have a 68 point lead with 2 races left.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #268 on: August 29, 2010, 03:07:38 pm »
ll you need to do is Start and Park and you'll win the track championship Brandon.
Great year you're having
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline TG01

« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2010, 07:55:03 pm »
Shake -n- bake Cal......
I had the best night of my life, but still can't finish things off. Dan broke. Jeffs great as usual.

Was running the top 5 in the A main (with Ethan, DJ, Brandon, and Joey) for over half of the race and looped it all by myself around lap 12. Luckily we had a big enough lead over the rest of the pack that there was no contact. Had to restart at the back of the pack (19th or 20th), made it back up to 8th and spun myself out on the white flag lap. I was far enough out of the groove they didn't throw a flag, so I got scored a lap down in 17th I believe.

Dan broke the left side axle on lap 2 and just putted around and ended up finishing ahead of me in 16th, as I was about to lap him when I spun .

Jeff won his 4th straight A Main in the Sport Mod and is finally in the points lead by himself with 2 races to go.