Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 169844 times)

Offline ethan54

Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2010, 02:30:06 pm »
The L bracket where it attaches to the frame.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2010, 06:48:03 pm »
Wow! Those are some wild pics!!! Looks like quite the wreck fest!
Glad you are OK, but sorry about the needed repairs.
All My Best,

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2010, 06:54:51 pm »
The L bracket where it attaches to the frame.

Let me know if you need one, I wont charge $16.00 shipping like THEY do
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #228 on: August 16, 2010, 12:25:34 pm »
Finished 7th or 8th on Saturday depends on the results you look at. It was a close finish with Brandon. That late restart really helped me though because I think restarted 11th and was able to grab a few spots.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #229 on: August 16, 2010, 01:56:33 pm »
DJ,

You have been having a good season! I always enjoy your messages, pics and updates.
I've been having lots of fun trying to follow a lot of our members here on the site.
You, ET, Jim, Dan and Brandon have been giving us some prwtty exciting news!

Keep Up The Good Work!!!  ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #230 on: August 16, 2010, 04:32:58 pm »
Finished 7th or 8th on Saturday depends on the results you look at. It was a close finish with Brandon. That late restart really helped me though because I think restarted 11th and was able to grab a few spots.

Yep, you restarted 11th, finished 7th...I was the first one you passed.
Finally going to put the 3.73 in again this week, I think the 3.58 really hurt me this week.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #231 on: August 16, 2010, 04:57:26 pm »
finished 7th last week out of 17 at the knoxville nationals in knoxville iowa. Started 10th. We ran in between the sprint car heat races. Very fast and fun track.

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2010, 02:19:08 pm »
I tried the Federal Tires for the first time on Friday with less than average results.  I qualified two tenths slower than my best at KilKare Speedway but for some reason when the feature started the car was loose as heck.  I had not been lapped since my first race....until Friday.  Granted the leader was extra fast but man those Federals are a whole different game.  I got 10th, Heath Tatman got 5th and Chris Linley got 8th out of 12 cars.

So I am going back to my comfort tires (BF's) for the remainder of the season (against my original plans). 

Saturday night was looking good (with the BF's) as the car felt way better during the first practice.  But the rains came and after sitting for an hour waiting (with out the rain subsiding) I packed up everything (on my open trailer) and headed home in the rain (soaking wet)!!!

This upcoming weekend is Anderson Speedway (30-35 laper).  Let's hope I have better luck as I have gotten caught up in other peoples wrecks the last two times I was there......

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Gimpster

« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2010, 03:27:25 pm »
 Ran some laps on my back acreage behind my house, my little test track. Unless I heal real fast and a lot, I might not make the dirt nationals. I paid the price for trying to run the  Legend, for 2 days now

~ Gimpster ~

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2010, 10:59:10 am »
I am finally getting the car out for practice tonight at Tri-City Speedway in Illinois.  Not actual racing and not even a legends track, but I changed a lot on the car and need to have some idea of what it is going to do.  Getting some seat time will be nice also.  I am trying out Jeff's setup that he has on his website, so it is all his fault if it does not work.   ;)  Also, to square the rear end I used Dennis's method of clamping  bar across the front frame rails and measuring off of that.  It made squaring the rear end much easier.  We'll see what happens. 

Gimpster

« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2010, 03:35:45 pm »
 I Google Earth searched for the Springfield Missouri track where the dirt nationals are this year.
It kind of looks goofy shaped from an airplane view... it is a 1/4 mile track isn't it ?

~ Gimp ~

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2010, 08:14:43 pm »
It does look it a little odd. I wish they would have chosen a bigger track but it should be fun. I'm tring to figure out how you win the semi-pro nationals and still run SP the next year.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Gimpster

« Reply #237 on: August 19, 2010, 01:46:15 pm »
 How did he finish in the points last year ?
My semi pro year I finished in the top 10 so I got bumped to pro, pronto mundo !

~ G ~

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2010, 03:25:27 pm »
Not sure Gimp but you would think if you won that race you would be moved. I know that you have to will four 100 point races to get moved up but come on. It is the Nationals.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2010, 03:44:04 pm »
The car did pretty good in the test at Tri-City.  The handling was a lot more predictable than last year the the engine kept all of the rods on the inside.  Track was a little rough and slick, but I had fun.  

Springfield is a quarter mile.  I saw the  Google Earth view and it looks stranger from space than it does in person.  :)  The track has been multi-groove in weekly legends racing and should put on a good show.