Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 169894 times)

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2010, 11:47:31 am »
Was running somewhere around 5th or 6th then 4th gear broke.. All the other gears work but this is a big problem.

Offline ethan54

« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2010, 06:28:01 pm »
The car wasn't too bad Saturday. Way too tight through the middle and off the corners. Pushed all the way middle to exit until we hit the straight away and i could get in the throttle. Couldn't carry any momentum through the corners so fell back to 12th.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »
Was running somewhere around 5th or 6th then 4th gear broke.. All the other gears work but this is a big problem.

Are you going to put in the spare motor or get it fixed this week? You're having a great season so far
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2010, 09:37:28 am »

Are you going to put in the spare motor or get it fixed this week? You're having a great season so far
Getting it checked out tonight. Should know by tomorrow morning what is broke and how to fix it. So when I find out what really broke because it may not be in the transmission I'll decide if the spare is going in or not. I still plan on running Friday and Saturday.

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2010, 09:52:24 am »
Well it turns out we had a demolition derby Saturday night instead of a legends race..... 20 cars started the feature only 6 survived (were able to drive off the track under their own power).

I was doing terrible (qualified 19th) until I got some help with setup before the feature.  I had moved from 17th up to 9th when on lap 8 the car in front of me hit the car infront of him sent her spinning.  Of course I was coming hard out of the corner right into her.  I clipped her with my left and then slammed into the wall with my right.  Tore my entire right front supesnion out (sent my wheel and tire assembly running down the track in front of me).

Chris, sprung an oil leak on lap 2 or 3 and had to leave early after marking the track all the way around for two laps (  :D ).  Heath finished 6th, but when he rolled back into the pits the front of his car was smashed in, his right front fender was ruined and both front and back bumpers were gone.

They ended the 30 lap feature on lap 17 due to mass chaos.

I can't wait to see how the 100 lap race at the same track later this month goes ???

Hopefully we can all get put back together for this upcoming weekends double header.....
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2010, 12:02:52 am »
Took the car to my engine builder. Got the motor out, clutch is just fine. 4th gear is missing... pieces were found in the bottom of the oil pan :( New trans going in. Fingers crossed that metal didn't get back up in the engine at all but who knows.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2010, 10:05:41 am »
Good luck. I'd run the back up motor...I think you're sitting on a catastrophic failure if you just drop in new gears and button it up.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2010, 11:02:49 am »
Good luck. I'd run the back up motor...I think you're sitting on a catastrophic failure if you just drop in new gears and button it up.
Yeah that's still in my mind. It will cost about the same to get the back up going and I know it just isn't nearly as strong. Also the threads on the #1 spark plug hole are kinda mucked up..  Just in a tough spot. Certainly hope it holds up and works out.

Offline TG01

« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2010, 04:18:36 pm »
Wait a minute. This class is a nice one in that you should be able to be at the very least somewhat competitive with a stock bike engine. Ya sure there is some tuning that should go into a bike engine but look at the rules closely. They are written as such that there are really no major LEGAL mods done to these. Trust me, you will be suprised at what a stock build can do with a little tweeking to the things that are within the rules. Just get a plug in there and run it for the next 6 nights (dont remove it) then fix that at the end of the year as well.
I know that I am amazed at what I have seen coming from a street stock class where that was not the case.
Dan

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2010, 04:35:59 pm »
I just got off the phone with him Dan
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2010, 04:50:40 pm »
Got a lot to think about. And I agree about the stock motors performing well. That's what I have had in every race I've run in. And it goes real nice. Or it did lol

Offline ethan54

« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2010, 05:17:09 pm »
I agree, since i got my stock motor a couple weeks ago it's outperformed my other motor by far..
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2010, 05:55:28 pm »
I'm thinking that carb kit helped u out a bit too Et

Offline TG01

« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2010, 06:20:33 pm »
That is just the kind of tuning that I am talking about.
The rules are way to clearly written to make room for "cheating them up" and the stakes are way higher for getting caught. This said I have to love the class for just that reason. A stock "tuned" motor will compete. Rather than always chasing after the next greatest thing and leaving the family on financial hold.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2010, 09:16:23 pm »
Dan, stay away from the blue script...its very difficult to read. I changed it for you.
I know, I know..."Jack-ass car owner wont let me have any fun..."
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100