Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 169840 times)

Offline TG01

Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2010, 09:20:09 pm »
Yup! I was actually thinking the blue was hard to read as well, but I like blue.

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2010, 10:02:08 am »
Got the car back together and hopefully  ;D in good shape after hiting the wall last week.
I can't get the air cleaners to stay on?  I had to go with the foam filters as opposed to my regular K&N due to damage and the clamp-on section is so oily that when I tighten the clamp the just pop off!  Hopefuilly zip ties will do the trick!

I am heading to KilKare tonight after work to shake the car down, run in my new set of Federals and get my new Federal setup figured out!!  It may be a long night......

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2010, 05:46:36 pm »
Seems like more members cars torn up than usual this year, or maybe just more members...
Lets have a fun and non-wrecking weekend!
 :)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline TG01

« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2010, 07:28:08 pm »
I to am looking forward to no wrecking this weekend. It has to be good from here on in or I may just begin to get emotional.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2010, 08:45:45 pm »
Just don't cry at the track again, that was embarrassing  :-[
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline TG01

« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2010, 05:32:55 am »
If I have to cry, I will go in the porto potty to do it then.
Nobody will look there

Gimpster

« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2010, 05:45:45 pm »
hahaha, the Blue Bisquit stand... their country cakes stink !

Have a good weekend of racing

~ Gimpster ~

Offline TG01

« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2010, 06:03:37 pm »
Nice. I almost did not get that. ;D

Gimpster

« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »
 Stepping into one of  those, the aroma is enough to make me cry !
Walk out with tears in the eyes...

~ G ~

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2010, 09:23:39 pm »
Rained out...try again tomorrow
 :'(
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline ethan54

« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2010, 01:32:18 am »
Not a very good night. Ran ok in the heat race but the car was just too tight. Loosened up the car for the feature and as i headed out to staging the steering was really tight and hard to steer. The car also would shift into 1st but wouldn't down shift, only back into neutral. Came off the track twice and had my dad manually shift the car into gear. I went back out several laps down until i pulled off since the steering was so tight and just wasn't running right. Turns out i broke the right side motor mount, which explains why i couldn't shift or steer since it was laying on the lower steering assembly....I think the motor is still good, just lucky i didn't put a hole through the oil pan as i've heard that has happened to people..
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2010, 09:20:02 am »
Was wondering what happened to you. Was it the cast mount on the engine, or the L bracket"?

I had alot of fun in the heat, moving around between 2nd and 4th, ended up 4th at the line, but alot of clean, hard racing.

A Main, dropped from the pole back to 12th, finally found a good line for the car and got back up to 10th, then got bottled up on a lap 18 restart and got passed by a couple cars. Ended up 11th or 12th. Not sure the official results yet, as the winner was black flagged for dragging his rear bumper on lap 19, they stopped scoring him, but he complained long enough, that I think they gave him the win, as I was leaving I saw him driving through the pits with the trophy
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2010, 01:27:45 pm »
Ok, official ruling, winner was DQ'd, I was 11th, Dan was 6th.
The track has extra trophies for times like this, and he accepted his disqualification with good sportsmanship (It would have been his first ever win).
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2010, 01:45:04 pm »
BJ Bates Gimpster

Offline CP Motorsport UK

• Chris Pye Motorsport
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2010, 02:23:27 pm »
Well it was the UK Oval Track Legends British Championship on 17th July - First qualifier was running well catching lead pack of cars when I saw dust cloud from inner circle speedway track in turn one, as I was exiting four.... nothing over the raceiver, so wrongly assumed someone had got a wheel or two on the shale and track was clear.... then I saw two stricken cars blocking track, I hit brakes locked up and spun 180 degrees into accident..... then waited for the impact (as I had a train of 10 cars behind me!)  Got hit twice head on.  Chassis twisted big time, but managed to get car out in time for the feature and finished 13th from 19 starters.

Then a £1600 ($2500) repair, as we'd bent axle, broke the diff and bent the half shaft, as well as the chassis!  I dropped the car off on the Tuesday before a 7 day vacation and picked up on morning of our biggest meeting of year the UK Oval Track Legends National Championships.

Practice day went well, car took a little getting used to (better set up on car), and when the rain hit in session 3, the three drivers on Federals (myself included) pulled away from everyone!

On Saturday 31st July we had three qualifiers for the National Championship feature.  8th place in the first one was good, and was running well in second until a driver overtaking round outside chopped nose off front of car and spun himself, where I T-boned him and again waited for the impact (as a field of cars behind...and nothing on the raceiver!)  Whallop - A car used back of my car as a ramp and launched into a roll down straight.  4 other cars were damaged in this accident.  The driver who rolled actually broke his wrist (but carried on repairing his car through the night and raced in National Championship with a broken wrist!)

Thanks to Duck Tape and cable ties we put the 5 pieces of bodywork back together (as tech insisted we had to run with the body on car), we had to weld the back of the car back together, and I went out in qualifier three and set fastest time of weekend!  Finished 10th in the National Championship having qualified back in 14th.

Hopefully that is my bad luck of our way for season as we go back on the points race in two meetings this week at Skegness on Thursday 19th & Sunday 22nd.

Chris