BANDOLEROS > Engine Care & Tuning

Engine compression and leak down

(1/2) > >>

ba/thejafan:
Does any one have #s that are acceptable for compression and leak down. Can check both but not sure if engine needs to be warm first for either or both before checking.

Thanks for all input.

IraceLegends77:
The engine defiantly needs to be warm for the compression check. Also make sure the throttle is wide open too. Compression depends on if you are talking open motor or sealed. Open can only be 165lbs. and I think that the limit for sealed is 190lbs. but you will never see that #. I really can’t help with the leak down. I know someone on here can.

Scott

VMS Motorsports:
Depends on what you mean by "acceptable" A lot of different builders have idea on what they think is better as far as overlap and such. Are you looking for the factory specs, or trade secrets?  ;D

ba/thejafan:
I  just got done doing these, so I have #s, I guess I am trying to figure out if it needs rebuilt or not.  So if you have acceptable #s, factory spec, or "hot tip" I would take any of the 3 or all if possible

Thanks

justfreaky:
I did not see any compression numbers in the rules for the Bando engines. Granted. I only did a quick scan of the rule book. I'm still learning about the Bando stuff; So am interested in the info. I believe the 165# is for the Legends cars.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version