Author Topic: Question about last Susquehanna Race  (Read 7805 times)

Offline rickmiller48

Question about last Susquehanna Race
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:05:08 am »
   Just wonderring if anyone knows why Greg Burd was scored as dead last?  I'm pretty sure he was 3rd at the end and I know I was 7th but was given 6th.

Offline Vern Houseman

Re: Question about last Susquehanna Race
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 03:25:53 pm »
Rich they DQ him ,he didnt have a front bumper, but they let him run the race from when it came off,which was wronge but its what happened he was pritty upset about it ,which i dont blame him... Vern #20
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 04:02:41 pm »
Been on that side of the scoring miscue. Lost my muffler halfway through the race once in 2008, finished 11th, then they came over 1/2 hour later and DQ'd me for not having an exhaust system, dropped me to 21st. I argued my way back up to 17th (last car running). I'd rather be black flagged and sent off than continue to beat on my equipment for nothing...thats what the RaceCeiver is for.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 05:04:04 pm »
I was told that his rear bumper came off when Burd and I got together in turn 1 and 2 which turned me around. That doesnt matter but they are messed up with their bumper/tire rules. They gave me @*#&$ earlier in the year when i had no front bumper, they told me you can't run without one. I asked them why cant we come in and change it? Their answer was they have a tire only rule, you can only change tires and thats it, but I heard weeks after that they allowed one of the RMR guys to change a bumper. I was a little frustrated with Burd after the race because I felt he kept chopping down on me but who knows maybe he didn't see me under him although he was doing the same thing at P.V. I do think it was screwed up they waited until he was on the front stretch and then they told him. Maybe the track didn't see who it belonged to until then, but in the end I thought the 30 lap race went pretty good. Having extra laps gave people the time to relax for a few instead of going nuts right at the green. I thought I could have caught Brain and Jason if I got passed Burd but that didn't happen. I'll usually be amped up at the end of a race about things like that but around this time I usually forget about it. Oh yeah and Vern, nice RED Balls you have hanging in your window, I saw them as I caught you coming to the checkered lol.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 08:32:55 pm »
I had no Idea until we left and my wife mentioned that Blain got 5th and I got 6th then when I got the E-mail from the track yesterday it showed Greg as 17th.  I agree that the 30 laps was awesome, made for a really good race, plus not having the slow guys (like me sometimes) in front of the fast guys let the race develop quicker.

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 08:40:21 pm »
ya the 30 lapper was really fun.... again Rich really lov runnen with you ,dont have to worry about getting taken out and injoy the side by side racing. Vern #20 it really seem like a really fast race , but the 4 cuations we had where justified you might say when running 30 laps
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 09:44:38 pm »
You will have cautions in every race, unfortunately for myself I was one of them. Like I said before I dont know if Burd saw me or not but It was just a result of tough racing. Although there was only 17 cars on Saturday I thought the race was a good race. Now if all the races could go that smoothly that would be awesome, that's why we stopped going early in the year to SSP because the cautions were unjustified/uncalled for and to many people were getting wrecked and hurt. I would agree with you Vern, justified cautions are due to good tough racing but the unjustified ones are from people taking others out and driving over their head.  Hey Rick, everyone is slow here and there, hell I couldnt get out of my own on Friday night. We worked all the car all day at the hotel and more at the track to get it better for Saturday night. Its racing, sometimes things just dont go your way.

You guys going to Path Valley? If you are good luck, we will see you at the nationals.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 07:32:14 am »
    That was the most fun I've had in a long time.  And also Vern, I really enjoyed racing with you.  You definately gave me room when we were side by side and being that early in the race we should all give each other plenty of room.  If you are faster, you always have time to get the positions back.  That works out much better than an early tow truck ride like some are fond of.

anything