BANDOLEROS > Brakes

front brakes

<< < (2/4) > >>

T Worthy:
Ed,  I enjoyed reading your email.  Your concerns about safety and cost are founded, driver experience and skill level s are driving the speeds UP and beyond design of the Bando.  The Bando is due for an upgrade, front brakes and suspension will make the Bando driveable.  Speed is governed by the motor, gears, and drag.  The motor has more power than needed in the Bandit class, the Young Guns want more power.  The Bando class is divided, Young Guns and Bandits, the problem as I see it are the tracks, and race promoters, they are combining both classes to increase car count.  I personally know of two kids and parents that bought Bando's only to put them up for sale after one (1) race.  One wrecked, and the other just pitted.  I got a very good deal!!!! After I got the car home, I went through the car, thus my concerns for my grandson's safety.  Fifty years of racing stock cars ,I could not believe the way the Bando was built (Cheap) not inexpensive.  As stated, it needs to be updated.  Maybe  the folks at INEX will wake up.  Enough venting, we plan to run a limited schedule in 2010 with the Bando and continue with our dirt racing program. We will need a hans device (extra small) .  We hope to begin testing in October. Thanks for the information and listening to my opinion.

T.Worthy

T Worthy:
Up date: Front Brakes and suspension STANDARDS EQUIPMENT since 2003 Mini Cup Cars.  Wonder what INEX's excuse is now??

VMS Motorsports:
I do not belive that Darrell Krentz or Scott Reinhardt frequent this board.
You should call them directly if you would really like to discuss something.
Darrell (704)455-3906, ext. 230
Scott (704)455-3906, ext. 225

romans81racing:
i don't agree with the changes that are being discussed.  The bando is a learning class and adding  more parts complicates the scenario.  Braking is a thing to be avoided in this class.  Legends is a good step up for good bando drivers.  Our bandos are actually close to our legends in speed and we have 12 year olds running in that class.

nosted:
Well i've been racing these cars for a year now,and i think they are a great starting point. Short weelbase high power to weight raitio and fun to drive , although i agree they have many faults. BUT the rate of wich they are wrecked by idiotic 8 year olds,Although they (for me)are easy to drive, im not from a racing breed, but parents that race treat their kids like dirt and give them a car that IS IMPOSIBLE TO DRIVE, as well as the fact that nobody is attempting to coach these kids. So The only thing adding front suspension would do is make wrecking happen at faster speeds making it even more crazy dangerous I dont think they need that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version