BANDOLEROS > Brakes

front brakes

(1/4) > >>

T Worthy:
New to Bandolero:  Purchased used bandloero and going thru check list on what to replace,what needs to be rpaired.  First-why does the bando not have front brakes--Second front suspention( there is none)--Chain tenioner there is none--The small things make a good race car the bando has Great engine ,excellent roll cage and good rear suspention.  Are any of the above optional equipment in future are available now? Preparing for 2010 season with my grandson.  I will have many questions  and will apreciate any and all help.  Thanks Tim Worthy

ruracin61:
No front suspension and no front brakes. The front A-arms take a lot of beating! Some tracks are very hard on the driver cause of the bumps and you are so low to the ground. ;D

T Worthy:
Why don't racers, owners, pertition INEX for changes that allow the use of front brakes and suspention?  It makes the bando SAFER , let alone SALES of extra parts for INEX It's a win win for everyone.  An option for 2010, optional equipment 2011,standard equipment 2012. The  Bando is a great race car and it's potential is unlimited for young racers!!  LET'S GET THINGS MOVING

justfreaky:
It's pretty hard to get INEX to approve anything. I won't argue that it would be a much better deal. Trying to get a lot of people together and agree on the safest and cheapest way to do it is a whole 'nother story. Do a little research, come up with a few solutions and pitch the idea to INEX.
Best Of Luck!

Steve

bandostuff.com:
Welcome to the Bando world.  I hope you find Bandos as rewarding as my son and I have!

Here is one opinion:

These cars are not perferct, but they do allow our young drivers to compete and learn.  I think the cars do not have front suspension or brakes to keep the cost down,  and also to keep the speeds down.   The cars have only 150 total parts,  keeping tem simple makes them more attractive to racing newcomers.

These kids today are driving these cars far faster than they were originally designed for.  The skill  level continues to rise.  If they had suspension and brakes it would further widen the seed gap between the new drivers and experienced drivers , compromising safety.

For basic Bando information you can go to http://www.bandostuff.com.html  and download a free buyers guide.  There is also a 118 page book for sale providing information and insight to Bando racing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version