Author Topic: clutch problems  (Read 6930 times)

Offline buxtonman

clutch problems
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:16:05 pm »
  Hey,. i put in a 1200 in my car  this week. it had a 1250 sealed. when i tried to push on the clutch forget-it it would not move. So we put the clutch that i had in my 1250. in the 1200 that also didn't work. went to push down and felt like i was going to brake off the pedal. So what i did was take one of the pressure plats of, and the clutch went in and out easy...to easy. Got to the track to day went out to brake in my new engine and the clutch slipped like crazy. So i tried not to slip it too much and i used that time to brake in my moter. When i cam in i pulled it apart and and put the second pressure plat in for the feature  . it seamed OK not exactly like it did in the 1250 but OK. went out shift 4 to 5 slipped i think it might of stopped but not Shir.   What should i do with my clutch should i take the discs  that i had in the 1200 and put them in the 1200/ do you think that little bit i spun the clutch that it smoked the disc??            thanks for any help hope you can feger out my spelling,  P.S i was running synthetic in the 1250 that's the clutch iam using now. would convencional oil make it slip? Forest   buxtonman`~`

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: clutch problems
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:08:59 am »
No, Can't figure out your speeling.
If I get you correctly, the clutch on your 1200 did not work so you put in the clutch from your 1250; Was too stiff, so you removed a disc. Now clutch slips badly.
Am I right on that so far?
Don't know what that has to do with your right front spring or shock.
Could you have fried the clutch disks? Yes. As I am not there to check it out first hand, couldn't tell you on the clutch.
Does the clutch have an effect on your spring or shock combo? No.
How the clutch hooks up with the spring and shock combo; Yes.
Clutch slippage is likely not a good thing. Will cause you to lose momentum. Spring and shock combo help with the attitude of the car. Clutch slippage could make the car feel loose or tight, depending on track conditions.
Can you blame the jam nut coming loose because of clutch slippage? Not likely.
Do you do regular checks on your nuts and bolts? Do you safety wire suspension components?
Hard to say why your shock came loose. But, not likely that it was clutch related.
If you can explain further, and please use your spell checker, perhaps I can get a better understanding of the situation.
Sorry that I may not be of more help.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 12:48:58 am »
FYI,
I use spring clips on my shock mounts.
Perhaps that may help you with keeping the shock from coming completely loose.

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:44:58 am »
I am so confused....Steve, what are you talking about?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline thunder938

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 11:09:58 am »
My question is do you use the slave and slave mount or push rod from the 1200.  The rod is a diff. size between the 1250 and 1200 you can not mix up the parts.  You can use the 1250 set up on a 1200 , but you have to use all the parts the rod, slave, and mount...

maybe thats what the trouble is..

Dave
Dave

Offline apm motorsports

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 04:01:37 pm »
I had the same problem take apart the front  clutch  pressure plate make sure it lines up in the slot a little twist and you will feel it go in. also measure the motor assembly for the clutch mount make sure they are the same size,  rod should be same  length.

Offline buxtonman

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 12:02:19 am »
thanks i got it. was small amount of air, and after it slipped it needed new discs. thanks, forest

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 09:52:30 am »
Thanks for the update!

Steve

anything